How to Get Your Garage Door off Track in Eliot OR
When a garage door comes off its track in Eliot OR it can be a major hassle. It can prevent you from entering or leaving your garage and it can cause damage to the door. Fortunately with the right tools and knowledge you can get your garage door back on track in no time.
II. Tools Needed
The first step to getting your garage door back on track is to gather the necessary tools. You’ll need a ladder a flathead screwdriver an adjustable wrench and a pair of pliers.
III. Steps to Get a Garage Door Back on Track
Once you have all the necessary tools you can begin the process of getting your garage door back on track. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
1. Start by disconnecting the power to the garage door opener. This is a safety measure to ensure that the door won’t move unexpectedly.
2. Place the ladder under the garage door and use the flathead screwdriver to loosen the mounting bolts on the track.
3. With the adjustable wrench remove the bolts from the track and lower the door slowly.
4. Use the pliers to straighten out any bent or damaged parts of the track and then re-tighten the mounting bolts.
5. Once the bolts are secure raise the garage door and use the pliers to make any necessary adjustments to the track.
6. Finally reconnect the power to the garage door opener and test the door to make sure it’s back on track.
IV. Troubleshooting Tips
If the garage door won’t stay on the track or it’s off balance there are a few troubleshooting tips you can try. You may need to adjust the tension on the springs or make sure the rollers are properly lubricated. If none of these tips work it may be time to call in a professional.
V. Hiring a Professional
If you’re unable to get your garage door back on track or if you don’t feel comfortable attempting the repairs yourself it’s best to contact a professional. A garage door repair specialist can diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs quickly and safely. They can also ensure that the door is properly balanced and functioning correctly.