A Guide to Garage Door Springs Repair
A garage door spring is something you won’t pay attention to, until it’s broken and not working properly, leaving you or your car stuck. Garage door springs carry a lot of tension because they handle the weight, opening and closing of doors. Repairing such springs is not a difficult task.
Understanding the type of your spring:
Before starting the repair process you must know which type of spring your garage gate has? You can easily identify your spring by simply looking at it. There are two types of springs and the repair process is different for both.
- Extension springs
- Torsion springs
Here in this blog we will only discuss repairing of torsion type springs repair
Repairing of torsion Springs Repair:
Here is a guide to replace torsion springs on your own:
- Prepare your garage door by checking the door in a closed and open position, check the winding bar.
- Open the springs by holding the bar tightly and loosening the spring.
- Remove the torsion spring from the center with the help of a wrench.
- Disconnected it from the cable with the help of locking pliers. Loose the screw holding the cable and detach it from the door.
- Attach a new spring on the torsion bar by checking at attaching both sides correctly in the same way the old springs were attached.
- Reattach the lift cables by sliding the cable drums over the torsion spring bar. Secure it with screws.
- Load the spring by the help of two winding bars. Follow the instructions of the production company about the number of turns to fully tighten it.
- After loading it on the bar, with the help of a hammer and screw, tighten and fix it.
- After installation is completed, apply spray and lubricate.
Now you know everything about torsion springs repair techniques. You can easily repair your garage door spring at home but if the damage is extreme you might need professional help.
Our Service Area
Portland,OR | Milwaukie,OR | Cedar Mill,OR | Beaverton,OR | Cedar Hills,OR | Oak Grove, OR | Lake Owsego, OR | Tigard, OR | Vancouver, WA | West Linn, OR | Aloha, OR | Gladstone, OR | Minnehaha, WA | Tualatin, OR | Gresham, OR | Fairview, OR | Arnold | Creek, OR | Ashcreek, OR | Bridlemile, OR | Collins View, OR | Far Southwest, OR | Hayhurst, OR | Healy Height, OR | Hillsdale | Homestead FL | Mapelwood, OR | Markham, OR | Marshall Park, OR | Multnomah, OR | Brentwood-Darlington, OR | Brooklyn, OR | Buckman, OR | Creston-Kenilworth, OR | Eastmoreland, OR | Foster-powell, OR | Hosford-Abernethy, OR | Kerns, OR | Laurelhurst, OR | Montavilla, OR | Mt. Scott-Arleta, OR | Mt. Tabor, OR | North Tabor, OR | Reed, OR | RichMond, OR | Sellwood-Moreland, OR | South Tabor, OR | Mount Vernon, OR | Woodlawn, OR | Northwest Poland | Arlington Heights, OR | Downtown Portland, OR | Forest Park, OR | Goose Hollow, OR | Hillside, OR | Linnton, OR | Nob Hill, OR | Northwest District, OR | Northwest Heights, OR | Old Town Chinatown, OR | Pearl District, OR | Sylvan Highlands, OR | Alameda, OR | Beaumont-Wilshire, OR | Boise, OR | Concordia, OR | Cully, OR | Eliot, OR | Grant Park, OR | Hollywood, OR | Humboldt, OR | Irvington, OR | King, OR | Lloyd District, OR | Madison South, OR | Northeast Portland, OR | Rose City Park, OR | Roseway, OR | Sabin, OR | Sullivan’s Glutch, OR