How to Get Your Garage Door Off Track in Boise OR
If your garage door has come off the track in Boise OR you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Don’t worry – getting your garage door back on track is a simple process that you can handle yourself with a bit of patience and the right tools. This guide will walk you through the process from gathering the necessary tools to getting your door back up and running.
1. Gather the Necessary Tools: Before you can begin getting your garage door back on track in Boise OR you’ll need to gather the necessary tools. You’ll need a level a socket wrench a screwdriver a hammer and pliers. Make sure you have all the tools you need before you begin so you can complete the task quickly and easily.
2. Unplug Your Garage Door Motor: Once you have gathered the necessary tools the next step is to unplug your garage door motor. This is an important safety precaution so you don’t get shocked while you work on the door. Once the motor is unplugged you can proceed with the rest of the project.
3. Remove the Door from the Tracks: After the motor is unplugged the next step is to remove the door from the tracks. This can be done by using the socket wrench to loosen the bolts that hold the door in place. Once the bolts are loose you can carefully lift the door off the tracks and set it aside.
4. Re-align the Tracks: Now that the door is off the tracks you can use the level to make sure the tracks are properly aligned. If the tracks are not level you can use the hammer and a piece of wood to tap them back into place. When the tracks are level you can re-attach the door.
5. Re-attach the Door to the Tracks: Once the tracks are aligned you can use the socket wrench to re-attach the door to the tracks. Make sure the bolts are tight but not overly so as this may cause the door to become stuck. Once the door is re-attached you can move on to the next step.
6. Plug In and Test the Garage Door Motor: Once the door is re-attached you can plug in the motor and test the door. Slowly press the button to open the garage door and make sure it moves smoothly without any issues. If everything is working correctly the door should be back on track in Boise OR.